Friday, July 23, 2010

Chynna Laird author of "I'm Not Weird, I have SPD" on Page Readers

Mother and author, Chynna Laird, joined me today to talk about her book "I'm Not Weird, I have SPD."

This was an emotional interview for me!  Chynna wrote this book for her daughter who was diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder, to help explain what she was experiencing, and for friends and family who might not understand what was happening.

After sharing the book at school with classmates and parents, and Chynna received so many "Thank Yous" for sharing the story, she saw that there was in fact a need for a book like hers that could help other children and parents handle situations like this.

Chynna is also the author of more books about SPD: a memoir (Not Just Spirited: A Mom’s Sensational Journey With SPD) and a reference book about the Sensory Diet (coming January 2011).


Please visit Chynna’s website, as well as her blog , to see more more her work and more information about SPD.  And be sure to sign up for her newsletter where she offers tips for caregivers who might need help in caring for a loved one with Sensory Processing Disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment