Sunday, October 10, 2010

To All My Author Friends

As the year winds down to a close I want to take a moment and thank all of the wonderful and talented authors who have made 2010 a very successful year for Page Readers.

Yes, I know it's only October, but quick enough, 2010 will be done. 

Many of you already know about and have participated in NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month, which happens every year in November.  I've been saying that I'd like to do this for a couple of years now, and this year I've decided to go for it. I'm taking the advice of so many of my guests which is, "If you want to write - DO IT!"

If any of you are planning to participate, or are already members of the site, connect with me there!  My name on the site is Cowgirlheart, because that's what I am - a Cowgirl at heart.  And in real life too.  One of my favorite ways to spend a day is on the back of my four legged soul mate Romeo, exploring the surrounding desert and Tonto National Forest here in Arizona, just north of Scottsdale.

What will this mean for Page Readers while I take this time away to write?  I have cut back the number of shows I'll do for November and December.  I've been doing about 14 shows a month for some time now, which takes lots of time.  So for the last two months of 2010, I'll do a few specials with guests that I really, really want to talk with because I've enjoyed their work so much, and ask a few past guests back so we can catch up with them and their latest projects.  I'm even thinking of doing a few holiday specials and focus on authors who have also written "How To" books about writing - story creation, character development and even self promotion. 

I've also added ways for authors to appear on Page Readers.  I'm offering written blog interviews as well as the opportunity for authors to write a guest post about their work and their creation or writing process.  There are so many different ways we do what we do as authors and sharing those steps just might help another author who is struggling with their own routine.  If you would like to write a post about how you do what you do, please send me an email!

Be sure to "like" the Page Readers Fan Page on Facebook.  List your book in the reviews section to share your book with author Page Readers guests.  If you have other promotion events happening, like interviews on other shows or blogs, please share them on the Page Readers Fan Page. 

I'm also on Twitter - a lot.  My favorite thing to do is "Re-Tweet," especially announcements by Page Readers guests.  I've been working at building my following and those I follow organically - meaning I don't use an automated service to grow my followers.  I take the time to read each persons bio, to make sure they are people I want to connect with, and people I feel will want to hear what I'm saying, like authors, publicists, publishers and people who love to read!  So if you haven't connected with me there, please do so I can help promote you and your work using this fun social media tool. 
And stay tuned in 2011 because I'm planning a party to celebrate Page Readers second birthday.  Yes, come March, Page Readers will be two years old!

Thank You All for making Page Readers so much fun. 

Here come the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment