Wednesday, May 18, 2011

TurboCharged by Dien Griesel, Ph.D. and Tom Griesel

TurboCharged
Dian Griesel, Ph.D. & Tom Griesel

As a reviewer, I get certain genre(s) in cycles.  Right now I am in the Health/Weight Loss genre cycle.

In the past 4 months, I’ve read 4 books on these subjects.  One was actually more about mental health but physical health plays a role in that area, so the book reached out in that directions too.

But TurboCharged by siblings Dian Griesel, Ph.D. and Tom Griesel is one I would call a stand out.  In the introduction, the first statement is very bold, “The TurboCharged steps as presented in this book will out-perform any other diet or exercise program you may have tried in the past.”  I like bold statements like that. 

Every paragraph provides another piece to the puzzle, without overwhelming you with facts.  As explained, all of the information makes perfect sense.  The only “trick”?  You have to work the steps.

One point discussed focused on water consumption.  I’ve always been a sipper.  I carry my glass and plastic straw around all day, sipping.  TurboCharged explains why this is not enough to handle how much water my body really needs.  It took me a few days to get into the habit of drinking more each time I picked up my glass and after having tried the TurboCharged way for one week; I experienced quite a few changes.

Two other chapters I found to be worthy of a book alone, were #6 Muscle Power in 5…Minutes a Day! and the 100 calorie and under list in chapter #7.  I’m thinking a poster of each of these chapters would be great.  Lots of information at one glance. 

Another great chapter, #8 “See” the Prize.  I am a firm believer in visualization and meditation.  Here Dian and Tom discuss the importance of relaxing our minds and how doing so positively affects the body and our quest to be healthy.

I think that’s the main point here.  If we want to be healthy, it takes effort.  Start by making the effort to read this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment