Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christopher Craven stopped by Page Readers for a few questions about his latest book "October Sun."

Author Christopher Craven answered a few questions about his newest book "October Sun."

Welcome Christopher! 

Start us off with a little background on you.


I grew up the scrawny middle child in a semi-liberal family in Phoenix, Arizona. From the time I was able to write my own name, I knew that I was destined to write for the world. Thank goodness my mother handed me my first adult novel in junior high. I prefer to write erotic romance that explores the love between kindred spirits and romantic suspense. I also enjoy barefoot strolls along the beach, but can most often be found roaming the Eastern Colorado plateaus when I’m not writing or working my daytime job in retail. Your readers can find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/authorchriscraven and online at http://cravenheat.blogspot.com/ or they can email me at mailto:authorcraven@gmail.com

What is October Sun about?

The backcover sums it up best:

Love is the strongest force in the universe…

Defense attorney Miles Turner seems to have it all. At the height of his game professionally, he’s just been hired to defend a famous L.A. party boy’s less than stellar reputation, a case that stands to earn Miles a small fortune. And to top it off, his love life isn’t bad either. Even the headache he can’t seem to shake isn’t strong enough to overpower the tenderness he has for his partner. Miles Turner is finally happy.

Landon Black is living a life beyond his dreams. Finishing his degree towards a career he’s always wanted, Landon might spend his days studying, but his nights are filled with the one thing he can’t live without--love. Even the thought of spending a weekend at the upcoming Black family reunion with his less than tolerant father isn't enough to extinguish the excitement Landon feels at the reality of a getaway trip with his lover.

But it can be taken away in an instant…

As members of the “Black Pack” come together in the snowcapped mountains of Colorado at Lake Alexander, no-one can see what’s looming ahead-- an event with consequences so severe it stands to alter all of their lives forever.

Prepared with nothing but his integrity and a heart full of hope, Miles is praying for a miracle while Landon, forced to play a high stakes game of life-or-death, is asking himself if the love he has is enough to offer.

How did this story come to you?

Well I was at the mall and I spotted a gay couple that fit the description of Miles Turner and Landon Black, then I started running into idea after idea. I wondered what was going on in their minds, what kind of life they lived, what jobs they held. By the time I sat down to do a small plot outline, I had a great story mapped out. I dug deeper into my characters heads and listened to what my characters were saying and a great story came to life.

What compelled you to write it?

There are a couple of messages hidden between the lines that were influences from my personal life.

Who is your favorite character?

My favorite character is Landon Black. He is married to a defense attorney, Miles Turner, who is the other leading character. One of the reasons I like Landon most is his attitude. When he gets upset, the drama unfolds through each screeching angst filled statement. In ‘October Sun’ he is called on trying out for the Los Angeles Dodgers pitching staff, because with Landon Black, it’s no holds barred.

What was your favorite scene to write?

My favorite scene to write was the family reunion at Landon Black’s family ranch on the Grand Mesa wedged in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. In these scenes, I introduce some important characters that play out through the second half as well as I have written a family dinner scene that I’m certain everybody should be able to relate to in some form or another. There’s also a spot in those scenes that describe the book cover just perfectly.

How long did it take you to write the story?

“October Sun” took at least six months to be in completion.

When will it be released?

“October Sun” releases on January 11th from Rebel Ink Press. Your readers can check it and some other great titles out at their website: www.rebelinkpress.com .

How is it available?
It will be available as an e-book then released in a print anthology with the next two titles in the series, February Kin and December Man, in late 2011.

Where can we find it online, or if print, where?

October Sun will be available at ARe, http://www.allromanceebooks.com/ , Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/, Barnes and Noble, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ , and a few other fine e-retailers.

What was your publishing experience like?
I submitted to Rebel Ink Press via a call for submissions on Facebook. I wouldn’t trade traditional publishing for anything. The amount of exposure and presentation is much greater than that of a self-published book. Another positive aspect to traditional publishing would be the quality of editing. There’s nothing better than having a polished manuscript.

Where else can we find you online?
People can reach me at my website and on Facebook at:

http://cravenheat.blogspot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/authorchriscraven

I also love to receive comments from readers. They can email me at: authorcraven@gmail.com

Do you have any other upcoming publicity events?

I plan on having a release party via Facebook that will point interested acquaintances to the appropriate purchase links and websites. If your readers are interested in joining me on Facebook, please direct them to http://www.facebook.com/authorchriscraven so they will see a link to the event.

Thank you Christopher, for stopping by.  Congratulation on the release of your book!

Thank you Nanci for having me and I look forward to giving your readers something new and romantic to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment