Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Spotlight Author Interview

I've been on vacation this week!  With no new interviews this past week, I thought I would share an interview from about a year ago.

Julia DeVillers and Hillary Homzie joined me to discuss their latest books that became the first in the Justice Book Club series that was offered by the 'tween clothing store.

Julia's book, "Liberty Porter, First Daughter", is about a 9 year old girl who has to go through some big changes when her dad gets a new job - as President of the United States.  It's a fun story, and Julia had even more fun writing it.  Julia has authors several other books and her book "How My Private Personal Journal was turned into a Bestseller" that was turned into the Disney Channel Movie, "Read it and Weep".



Hillary Homzie also joined us to talk about her book "Thing Are Gonna Get Ugly", which was also chosen to be part of the Justice Book Club.  Her story is about a young girl that takes the opportunity to transform herself into the ultra-popular Taffeta when her family moves across the country.  The story gets interesting when the web Taffeta has created for herself becomes tangles and she has to make some tough choices. 

I had a lot of fun talking with Julia and Hillary.  It was one of the first interviews I did with two authors as my guests.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment