Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weston Locher discusses his book Musings on Minutiae

Weston Locher joined me today to discuss his book Musings on Minutiae, a collection of funny essays about Weston's life, from childhood to the work place, and his home life with his cats.

  I had the opportunity to read this book, and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I could really relate to the stories of his childhood, like he said, we all had crazy parents!  My favorite story, "Splitting Wood, and Other Chores I Never Volunteered For".  OK, while I've never used a wood splitter, I have handled a chain saw (at a young age) and spent many a weekend doing other chores that had the potential to separate me from my limbs.

Telling the stories of our lives is one thing when you're sitting around with friends, laughing and having a good time.  Weston is able to take those verbal stories and put them to paper with what seems to be the greatest of ease.  He is definitely a talented writer and story teller - and he has an equally talented and wonderful editor - his mother!

And right now Amazon is running a special on his book if you are lucky enough to own a Kindle.  Kindle versions of his book are just .99 CENTS!  Get one ASAP!

Be sure to visit his website too.  Weston has a lot of his stories posted there and even shares some tips on how to market your own books.  Having gone the self-publishing route, he's had to be author and publicist and has done a great job in getting the word out about his book.

2 comments:

  1. It was a great read! Great story telling and edited very well - which makes for enjoyable reading!

    ReplyDelete