Wednesday, August 18, 2010

"70 is the New 40" by Barbara Atkins

Barbara Atkins has delivered to us a new road map into what can be some of the best years of our lives.

At 40 years of age, I was surprised. Yes, surprised that I was 40, but also surprised that I didn't feel 40. Instead I felt 20, only smarter.

I also knew that I wasn't going to be slowing down in any aspect of my life at what has been considered over the hill to many generations.

But as the quality of life has improved, so has the quantity of years we live. It's amazing to hear of people living well over 100. And when you learn of the person’s life, you learn that they had lived a full life, worked many kinds of jobs and raised children, grand kids and great-grand kids. That the day before they died they were out playing cards with friends. Life did not end after 40!

It's been 5 years since my 40th. Today I am busier, healthier and happier than I have ever been in my life. And the future I envision includes building a business, pursuing hobbies and lots of traveling. I expect to keep going for 20, 30 years or more. Retire? What's that?

In “70 is the new 40” Barbara gives us new wisdom that can only come from life experiences. Along with visions of a new future

Barbara’s book struck a chord with me. I am now able to put my aging fears aside and forge full steam ahead. With inspirational people like Barbara Atkins, and her book, “70 is the new 40”, nothing can hold me back from achieving my dreams in my bonus years - here I come!

Visit her website at http://70isthenew40.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment